Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Weary & Worn

Proverbs 30:1
I am weary, O God; I am weary and worn out, O God.

Are you weary and worn out today? This week? This month? This year? Even people in the Bible cried out to God declaring their weariness to him, they were vulnerable before him. Sometimes as Christians we think we have to have it all together and that if we express or show any negative feelings or emotions to God or others that we are weak and less than who God has created us to be. That is not true. God knows the innermost thoughts and secrets that we hold, and expressing them to him is sharing with him something he already knows. It creates an open line of communication between us and God to share our feelings and for him to share his truth. In Matthew 11:28 it says, "Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light.” He has not given us heavy burdens to carry and become weary in doing so. What burdens have you taken on or not let go of that he has not called you to carry? It's time you put those burdens down and allow yourself to become refreshed and rested in the Lord.  

No comments:

Post a Comment