Friday, November 15, 2013

The Way I Want You To

"But now, I don't negotiate with insecurities
They always seem to get the best of me
I found I had to love myself, the way I want you to."


I was recently listening to a song that had the lyrics that I shared above. I learned the song quickly and began to sing along and realized after a few times of singing it, what the lyrics really meant. It's so easy to sing songs and not really grasp what the lyrics are saying. 

This song's message is that we have to love ourselves the way we want others to love us. If you really think about it, it's a hard thing to do. Love yourself, not in a boastful and selfish way, but the way you want others to love YOU. When we begin to love who we are, love who we were created to be, it's a whole lot easier for other people to love us. Think about it. When someone you love, loves themselves and is confident in their own skin, it's easier to embrace who they are. Not that you shouldn't love those that are not confident and comfortable with who they are, we all have insecurities. But when we are able to love the person God made us to be, we are free to then focus on pouring out love to those around us. 


No comments:

Post a Comment