Thursday, January 17, 2013

He Knows Us

First of all, I am so sorry for not blogging as frequently as I committed to. I realized the other day that I haven't blogged in months and I miss it. I love writing and encouraging you. God put on my heart to share with you what He has been revealing to me almost every day the last month or two, and that is the fact that He knows me better than anyone else. He knows YOU better than anyone in your life as well. He knows the deep and shameful secrets that you've never shared with anyone, he knows the larger-than-life dreams that you keep in your back pocket, he knows the longings and desires of your heart, and he knows every little detail of your life because he made you! Even the things that you think are so small they don't matter, they matter to your Creator because he cares deeply about the things that concern and worry you. 1 Peter 5:7 says, "Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you." Find comfort in the fact that the Maker of all the earth cares about you and has your best in mind. He knows you, inside and out. I wrote a poem that expresses this very idea. Let him embrace you and find joy in his arms.

At times in life we feel depleted
Unlike God who is completed
So we turn to him for fullness of life
The one who takes our pain and our strife
His joy is free, without cost
Filling my soul when I am lost
You wrap me up in arms of love
Reaching from the heavens above
Hope deferred makes the heart sick
But you know just what makes me tick
You know me Lord, inside and out
You know my worry and my doubt
You know my delight and desire
Burning within me like a fire
You know my thoughts and all my shame
Each person I've seemed to blame
You know my secrets and every scar
The wounds inflicted from afar
You know my struggles deep within
Each heartache and every sin
You know all my ways, good and bad
All the anxiety I've ever had
You search me O God
Breaking down my facade
Knocking on my heart's door
Wanting me to give you more
I want to surrender all to you
But I don't know what to do
Show me the way, show me how
Show me in the stillness of now

No comments:

Post a Comment