Saturday, January 19, 2013

Never Stop Praying

1 Thessalonians 5:17 Never stop praying

I titled this blog before I even found a verse to go along with what I wanted to share with you. God has a way of fitting things together perfectly. Never stop praying. Currently at New Life Church, we are in the midst of 21 days of prayer and fasting. We are praying for breakthrough, miracles, new vision, along with so many other things. As I've been taking time to pray and hear the Lord, I've realized just how important my prayer life is in developing my relationship with him. Just as we talk to friends and family frequently, so we need to talk to our heavenly father. We can talk to him about anything at any time. We can pray for an answer to a situation, we can pray for provision for the future, we can tell him our worries and our joys, we can pray on behalf of others in our lives, the list is endless. Anything on your mind, you can take to God in prayer. It's also good for us to take time to not only talk to God but to allow him to talk to us. Take an equal amount of time to listen to what He might have to say to you. Quiet your mind and forget about what the day has ahead or what you need to accomplish and let him speak to your heart. Prayer is a two way conversation, so talk and take time to listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment