Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Called to Now

"I expect to pass through life but once. If, therefore, there can be any kindness I can show, or any good things I can do to any fellow human being, let me do it now and not defer ir or neglect it, as I shall not pass this way again." -William Penn




When we feel "spiritual nudges" from God, it is always best to follow through with what he is speaking to our heart. I can recall multiple instances when God nudged me to go talk to someone or do something for a person and I found myself in resistance because I feared that person's opinion of me. Recently, I was in the lunch room at school and looked over to see a girl sitting all by herself. I instantly felt that I needed to go sit with her and ask her how she was doing, however, I became so resistant and fearful that I made excuses for myself out of the situation. I never went and sat with that girl and I later told my dad what had happened and how I felt such resistance and fear. He told me something like this, "It's not her view of you that matters, it is her view of the God in you. If God calls you to do something, he will give you the words and the way." I thought to myself, "Wow! I never thought of it that way!" If God nudges us to do something, we do it... plain and simple. He will provide the words and the way, we are called to now. I don't know what would have happened if I had gone and sat with that girl, but I do know that next time God calls me to do something, I want to do it now! What about you? Are you willing to answer the calling of God to your "now"?

No comments:

Post a Comment