Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Stop, Think, Listen

Proverbs 26:20 Fire goes out without wood, and quarrels diappear when gossip stops.


In the intro to one of my devotional plans I read this statement the other day, "Those who gossip to you will also gossip about you." That is a powerful statement and the more I read it, the more it makes me think. Gossip is a damaging and destructive thing and it has impact on not only the person being talked about, it also has impact on the people participating in the gossip. I have caught myself many times saying things that don't need to be said aloud about someone or something that happened. We all have thoughts about people and situations but we have the choice to either think about how it will sound to others if we say it or to ponder it in our hearts and give it over to God to deal with. He's always there to bear our burdens and He understands the way we feel. Who better to talk to? Next time you are tempted to say something destructive...stop, think and listen to what God will have you to do.

1 comment:

  1. This is a great reminder Brianna! I think it's something that we all struggle with and I really appreciate your insight on this!

    ReplyDelete