Saturday, April 7, 2012

Follow God's Lead

"Too many choices at pivotal points in life can leave us feeling like confused coffee nerds- mouths hanging open at the Starbucks counter. Frozen in time, we may wonder. What do I do now? What if I make a mistake and place the wrong order? What if I make a fool of myself? At those times we need to take a deep breath, put our hands in God's, and follow His lead." -Rachel St. John-Gilbert

I have a fascination with quotes from other people and as I read this quote, I was reminded of the feeling of abandonment. Often times, if I don't receive an answer from God when I think I should have it, I feel like God has abandoned me. However, scriptures tell us the exact opposite. In Joshua 1:9 it says, "This is my command- be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the LORD your God is with you wherever you go." Feelings can be misleading at times and even when we feel alone, God is there. All we have to do is reach out to Him and He will lead our steps. Put your hope in the God who knows everything about you and understands the way you are feeling. He loves and cares for YOU today and every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment