Saturday, May 12, 2012

It All Adds Up

As I was driving home from school yesterday, I looked out the window to see a man who was getting off of a bus with a walking stick, feeling his way around his surroundings. I thought to myself and even voiced to my sister, "Wow! I couldn't imagine being blind!" I then took the time to thank God for my sight. A seemingly simple thing I take for granted on a day-to-day basis, countless people live without. I then realized there are so many things that I take for granted everyday that seem like the most natural functions such as; being able to hear, walk, and breathe normally. Unconscious body functions are easily taken for granted because we often don't think about what it would be like if things were any different. Take time today to thank God for those things that you have been taking for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment