Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Jesus, Friend of Sinners



I was driving to school yesterday and heard this song on the radio for the first time and it made me listen closely to the words. There is a part of the song that says,

"You love every lost cause; you reach for the outcast
For the leper and the lame; they're the reason that You came
Lord I was that lost cause and I was the outcast
But you died for sinners just like me a grateful leper at Your feet"

Jesus chose to love the least of us so that we could have the freedom that He so graciously gives us. Time after time He never fails to extend mercy that is undeserved, forgiveness that we should not receive, and love that seems unjustified. This song challenges us to take what God does for us and to do our best at doing that for others. It's been said that "Those who are hardest for us to love need it the most." Take what God has done for you and share it with as many people as you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment