Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Constant Companion

James 4:8 Come near to God and he will come near to you.

Acts 2:28 You have made known to me the paths of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence.

On Monday I got my wisdom teeth out and since then I have been laying around and not feeling the best. Today as I was eating, I decided I wanted to have a friend come over since my family has been gone a lot due to school and work. I was lonely and so I was just about to text a friend of mine to see if she wanted to come over and keep me company when I realized that God is a better companion than anyone in my life could ever be. I realized that when I choose to draw near to him, he will draw near to me in return. He filled me with joy in his presence and allowed me to be renewed and refreshed. I put on some worship songs and let His love, peace and strength wash over me. One of the songs I listened to, the girl was singing,"Fill me up God, fill me up" over and over again and I began to feel God's presence so strongly that I could not deny that in the process of my seeking after him, he had in turn filled me up. A problem that today's generation is struggling with is the constant need to be occupied by video games, friends, activities, sports, etc. We don't take time to draw near to God and allow him to fill us up and be the companion we won't find in anyone else. I encourage you the next time you find yourself seeking things to fill up your time or lonliness to take the time to draw near to God and see just how much he can fulfill those voids you have in your life. He is your constant companion.

No comments:

Post a Comment