Sunday, June 10, 2012

One

I want to be that one who will stand
To help those up who need a helping hand
Reach out to the broken and show God's love
Heal the sick with the power from above
I want to be that one who is a voice
Making my father in heaven rejoice
Being patient when it is unlikely for me
Opening the eyes of the blind, so they see
I want to be that one who can love all
Giving of myself although it is small
Being kind to the enemies all around
There is no limit, no capacity or bound


This is also a poem I wrote probably a year or two ago and even though it has been a while since I wrote this poem, I still want to make the difference I wrote about then. As followers of Christ, we are called to be in His image or like Him. That means in us we have the power to do as Christ has done, is doing, and will continue to do. With His power abiding in us, we have the authority to heal the sick, help the lost, reach out to the hurting and love the broken. Will you make it your goal to be the one that takes a stand for the things that God has called you to do??

No comments:

Post a Comment